I have posted alot about my kiddos lately, but lets get back to the basics of getting fit and healthy and staying that way! Here our some of my tips, that have worked for me!
1. You have to be ready for a challenge. If you even have the word “diet” in your head right now, you do NOT want to hear what I have to say. A quick fix is just that a QUICK fix.
2. You can not get there by using one or the other. Healthy eating and working out need each other.
3. Go to the grocery store and buy lots of veggies, fruits, lean meats (chicken, lean beef, turkey (ground, sausage, an entire turkey – whatever your pleasure), etc.. Oh and oatmeal (the good stuff in the nature section).
4. Eat 5-6 times a day. This will help you I swear – not make you fatter. I eat breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, and after dinner snack. If all these meals consist of clean, healthy foods, your body will love you.
5. I know this is a repeat, but stay away from anything diet, fat-free, sugar-free, etc…. They are not good for you. Plain and simple!
6. Get rid of sweets COMPLETELY, including DIET POP, for AT LEAST 6 months to let your body adjust to your new way of eating. This is the HARDEST part. You will thank me if you stick to this plan. My body is so use to eating good stuff, I rarely crave the sweet stuff. I now crave veggies. I swear this is not a lie!!
7. You have to workout with WEIGHTS. I do not expect you to go out and get 8 lb weights and start up like a crazy freak. Soup cans or 3 lbs weights will do. If you have read my previous posts, I do not go to a gym. My workouts are strictly youtube videos in the comfort of my house (sometimes whiles my kids are screaming at each other. LOL). My go to workouts – just search anything HASFIT. They have videos for every part of your body and cardio. There are 10 minutes, 30 minutes, whatever your pleasure.
8. When you start working out go into it slowly. Don’t try to do 45 minutes to an hour right off the bat. Starting a workout routine is a huge adjustment for someone who has a busy schedule and/or a family. Start doing 10 minutes a day and work your way up. After a few months it will become part of your routine and easier to fit in more time. If you try to start big, I think it tends to be overwhelming, you then begin to loathe it and give up quickly.
9. Find a buddy if you can. They don’t have to do the same thing as you, they just have to have the same goal in mind. They don’t even have to be in the same state as you. Thats what text messaging is for!! Having a buddy to check in with helps to make you accountable for your decisions.
10. Stay motivated!! Getting healthy and fit the right way takes time. Don’t get discouraged if you do not see HUGE results after a week. Every pound is an accomplishment. Don’t let the scale rule you either. Sometimes the scale does not show weight loss, especially if you are using weights and building muscle. The way your clothes fit and feel is where you will see the difference.
Good Luck Out There!!! You Deserve This!!!!
Okay moms out there! I am all about getting active with and for my kids! Today we were at a family party at a park and I said to my son Aiden, I will race you around that baseball diamond!! Of course he beat me, but that was only because my pants were falling down and I had to keep pulling them up, because they don’t fit me anymore. LOL!! Get out there!! Take hold of any opportunity you have to be fit and teach your kids an awesome way of life!!